MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Windows 2012R2 Can't Start server after install
Posted by: Peter Kanas
Date: January 16, 2018 11:11PM

Greetings Javier,

Are you suggesting I could have an orphaned table even though the service has never run (it stops immediately after starting for the first time during the initial configuration immediately after the install)? Or are you suggesting my last attempt to fix it by deleting ibdata1 may have worked if I had deleted the .frm file too?

I did see this post as it is referred in the error log but could not see how it applies. The service has never come up and the error messages are not an exact match. The closest reference is the cannot open datafile section and the solution is to drop a table. I can't do that if I can't start the service and have not created any tables.

I'm not sure if hardware is a factor. I started with 10k hybrid drives in a raid 5 array / GPT in my first attempts and then installed a separate raid card and created an isolated mirror for the OS after seeing reference to problems with GPT partitions containing the OS. The error messages and behavior is unchanged after many attempts.

Pete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Windows 2012R2 Can't Start server after install
January 16, 2018 11:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.