MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: MySQL download on Mac
Posted by: Michael Staley
Date: December 17, 2019 03:45AM

I recently tried installing 8.0.16 on my iMac which runs MacOS 10.13 High Sierra - due to the age of the iMac (mid 2010) I cannot go beyond High Sierra.

MySQL seems to download and install without problem. However, when from within the MySQL Prefence Pane I attempt to activate the server, it is on for a few seconds and then off again for a few seconds, then on again, etc. I suspect a problem with folder permissions, but I haven't been able to establish that.

I have a MacBook Pro of similar age, again running High Sierra, and have downloaded and installed MySQL 8.0.16 successfully. The server activates through the Preference Pane, I access it via MySQL Workbench, have loaded schemas, and will shortly load data. So the problem on the iMac is unlikely to be a problem with High Sierra.

I also have googled the problem, without joy. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
June 12, 2019 09:45AM
October 24, 2019 07:50PM
Re: MySQL download on Mac
December 17, 2019 03:45AM
May 13, 2020 03:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.