MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: MySQL Service Will Not Start / Windows Server 2012
Posted by: Dennis St. John
Date: September 02, 2020 03:57PM

Thank you so much for your continued assistance, Peter! You are so kind!

Regarding the presence of innodb_data_file_path and innodb_data_home_dir, only the innodb_data_home_dir was present in the my.ini file but it was commented out with a #.

I deleted ib_logfile* and restarted mysql so it could recreate but that file is unreadable. I opened in notepad and nothing but a bunch of special characters.

I have located the <machinename>.log file and there is quite a bit of data there to review, most notably back from a couple weeks ago when this problem surfaced. It is my understanding there was a failed NAS in the mix but I have no idea what the role of that NAS was in relation to this mysql installation. I have merely been called in to troubleshoot and try to get this mysql installation back up and running somehow.

I don't know if I mentioned it but if I allow the mysql to start pointing at the default data dir under c:/program files, it starts up just fine, except no databases are present. It seems to me there is some corrupt data files I am dealing with here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.