MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Install MySQL SERVER
Posted by: Ibrahim Ali
Date: November 04, 2020 12:57PM

Good evening everyone,
I have a particular request:

I have a VMware virtualization environment, on which VMs run, with different Web Services (Nextcloud / Website / guacamole and a jitsi server, Reverse Proxy), each with its own local database.

my need was to have a VM that acts as a MySQL Server, on which to host all the services present on the VMs in the LAN.

I have already followed the online guides, and I created the MySQL server with phpmyadmin with apache on ubuntu server 20.4, the only problem is that the server only accepted connections in local host via UNIX and not TCP.

i followed some guides, replacing phpmyadmin config.inc.php file made the connection via tcp.

instead putting as bind address 0.0.0.0, I can reach the server through a VM present in lan in ssh with mysql -h 192.168.1. * -u user, but not through php when I try to connect the apps.

through the VM that acts as a reverse proxy, I redirected the requests arriving on mysql.mydomain.it to ip_MySQLserver / phpmyadmin, in order to reach it from outside but it gives me cookie and https errors.

my intention would be to create the server and make it reachable in the lan and also from the outside, for example if I want to have a VM on AWS or AZURE that uses the db present on the server in the lan and therefore if I look for mysql from any place .mydomain.it has to send me to the administration interface and by writing my public ip or db.mydomain.it reach the server through the other VMs to populate the db, as do the database providers.

can you advise me the best solution? if i have to use windows server or linux? and how should I do to have this configuration with the comunity edition

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Install MySQL SERVER
November 04, 2020 12:57PM
November 05, 2020 03:59AM
November 06, 2020 04:52PM
November 07, 2020 01:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.