Re: Disaster after do-release-upgrade to Ubuntu Server 22.04.1
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: August 17, 2022 10:49AM

System load: 0.0 Processes: 179
Usage of /: 64.0% of 28.08GB Users logged in: 0
pi@raspberrypi:~$ sudo cat /var/log/mysql/error.log
pi@raspberrypi:~$

That's not the MySQL error log.

I misspoke, in ubuntu it should be /var/log/mysql/error.log.

I backup up Nextcloud to my home directory:

nextcloud-config.tar.gz
nextcloud.sql

How exactly did you generate nextcloud.sql?

/etc/mysql/mysql.cnf does not exist.

Has MySQL been uninstalled? What does a search for mysql files reveal?

In this particular case, an incompatible downgrade attempt has been detected. This can be resolved in one of two ways:

l. Change the contents of /var/lib/mysql/ to contain database data that is compatible with the currently installed MySQL or variant daemon version. For example: you could restore from a backup. Alternatively you could do a dump using a future version binary and then a restore using the current version binary.

2. Switch to a MySQL or variant daemon version that is compatible with the data currently in /var/lib/mysql/. For example, if you have attempted a downgrade from mysql-server-5.7 to mysql-server-5.6, you could "apt install mysql-server-5.7" again.

In /var/log/mysql/error.log you should find error msgs that relate to the "incompatible downgrade attempt" that this msg cites.

Finally, I know next to nothing about NextCloud, but I think it uses MySQL for its own admin data. If you aren't using MySQL for anything else and if you have not knowledge of MySQL, you might be best off asking NextCloud how to refresh or create a database instance it can use.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.