MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: what is my database name? (MySql 5.1)
Posted by: Jason Compton
Date: April 09, 2007 10:26PM

I know this is an old post, but i am setting up the same system, with phpBB 2.0.22, PHP 5.2.1 and mySql 5.0.37. One thing i read is php 5.2.1 doesnt include the extension for mysql anymore. php 4 apparently does. I am still researching on how to add the ext for msql to php . But until i have mssql up and running with a db created and username/password i'm not going to bother with that part. (forgive my terminology i am new to both programs).

I am also having the same problems getting the mysql service to start (xp pro sp2 with all updates install).
I actually got mysql up and running on the first install, but didnt knwo about having to create a db and such until i had started installing phpbb and thought something was broke so i unistalled and fiddled with the instance, then i read up on the no mysql ext deal with php, i uninstalled mysql and reloaded it and ended up getting stuck trying to get the service to start again, so now i have completly uninstalled mysql and deleted folders, etc. I will be trying again in a couple days.

sorry for the long post and horrible sentences but im in a rush to get to bed, lol.

I will post my results of this later, or questions when i am still stuck myself, LOL!

Thanks,
J.C.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: what is my database name? (MySql 5.1)
April 09, 2007 10:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.