MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Archive Storage Engine

Recover archive table
Posted by: Ryan Hatfield
Date: February 11, 2020 02:55AM

I have an InnoDB table that I use for logging. Every few months I create a new one, rename the old one, and convert the old one into an archive using the Archive storage engine. I've been doing this for around 8 years without issue.

This last time however I got a warning stating "Engine error 1" or "Engine error -1" (can't remember which but it was definitely a 1). When I select on the new archive table I get no results. If I perform a check table it takes several minutes and comes back stating the table is corrupt. The size of the ARZ file is roughly what I would expect based on the the size of previous archive tables and relative number of records. So I know the data is there. When I perform a CHECK TABLE it tells me it is corrupt. When I attempt a repair (I've tried all options) it truncates it each time.

I'm on MySQL 5.7 and the only information I can find for my case is an old file called archive_reader written by Twitter over 13 years ago and not updated in more than 9.5 years. I have my doubts this will help me given it was written for MySQL 5.1.

Is there anything that I can use to recover this data? It isn't mission critical but I have a gap now of about 6 months that I might one day need to reference (debugging, legal, etc).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recover archive table
February 11, 2020 02:55AM
February 11, 2020 12:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.