MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Speed problem
Posted by: sridhar subramaniam
Date: August 25, 2010 03:33AM

Hi,

I am migrating my project from paradox to MySql 5.1. after migration of tables (mysql innodb engine) and also adjusted the coding which is written in Delphi 7.0, i am facing serious problem in speed. compare to Paradox it is 5 times slower.

In one place where i found very slow speed is in lookup tables. for example, i am using two tables with 20000 records in each. and these two tables used in two table components separately and proper index name is given in the table component. one table component is used with lookup field of key
information with other table to take the description.

Now when i navigate the records from first record to last record in both the table components it is taking 15 seconds but the same thing is used with paradox tables it is flashing in 2 secs of 40000 records in total loop.

when i don't use index name in table components of paradox then it is taking 35 seconds. so here the difference is, when i use index name in the table component then it is flashing, but in mysql whether i use index name or no index name in the table components the result is same.

Expecting some solutions from our group as soon as possible. I am medding with this problem for the past 1 week.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Speed problem
August 25, 2010 03:33AM
August 27, 2010 08:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.