MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Ruby

Initial setup for using ruby with MySQL
Posted by: steve_evans
Date: October 03, 2006 02:44PM

Hello all,

Trying to run a ruby script connection to a remote MySQL server, but running into a wall quickly. As I understand it, I need only install ruby (done via InstantRails) and use the gem install of mysql to get the Windows library (done, version 2.7.1 mswin32).

I can already run ruby scripts successfully, including connections to other Windows machines via WIN32OLE. However, I want this in my script:

require 'mysql'

That kicks out this:

a.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError)
from a.rb:2

Is there some middle step to getting MySQL involved? Already did the complete client and server installation for MySQL 5 and the binary is in Windows PATH. Having spent two days with Google, mingw, gcc, dlltool, the no-installer version of MySQL, Ruby/MySQL's home page, and various mixings of it all, I end up with nothing workable. Anyone know what the problem is with using require for mysql? Shouldn't doing the gem install be sufficient?

Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Initial setup for using ruby with MySQL
October 03, 2006 02:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.