MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Basis for Intel Compiler warning
Posted by: Christopher Egner
Date: July 26, 2006 12:46PM

Hi all,

We're looking at using the Intel compiler to build MySQL in order to squeeze out some extra performance. On the download page for MySQL 5.0, there is the following warning:

MySQL is pleased to make available offerings of the MySQL Community Server compiled with the Intel CC compiler. Internal tests show that editions of the MySQL Community Server compiled with the Intel CC compiler exhibit faster performance on Intel hardware than those compiled with the standard gcc compiler, however some issues with stability have been reported. MySQL and Intel are working together to resolve problems and welcome any feedback/bug reports from our community.

I've searched through the forums, the bug database, and google, yet I can't find specific issues that would cause MySQL AB to provide this warning.

Basically, we're okay if we have to jump through a few hoops at installation and if we have to restart the server a little more frequently. However, data corruption in InnoDB would be a deal breaker.

Does anyone have any insight as to what Intel Compiler-specific issues we might face?

[Edit: I should mention that we're running Fedora Core 5 on Intel Xeons.]

Thanks,
Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 12:47PM by Christopher Egner.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Basis for Intel Compiler warning
July 26, 2006 12:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.