MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

MySQL 5.1.36 and ICC 11.1
Posted by: Paolo Rodriguez
Date: July 16, 2009 08:08AM

Compiling from source of MySQL 5.1.36 seems to fail on ICC 11.1.

Using:

CC=icc CXX=icpc CFLAGS="-O3 -unroll2 -ip -mp -no-gcc -restrict" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -unroll2 -ip -mp -no-gcc -restrict" ./configure --prefix=/var/lib/mysql --with-plugins=innobase --disable-local-infile --with-client-ldflags=-all-static --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --with-charset=utf8 --with-collation=utf8_unicode_ci --with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-assembler --disable-shared --with-embedded-server

Result:

[snip]

icc -DDEFAULT_BASEDIR=\"/var/lib/mysql\" -DDATADIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/var\"" -DDEFAULT_CHARSET_HOME="\"/var/lib/mysql\"" -DSHAREDIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/share/mysql\"" -DDEFAULT_HOME_ENV=MYSQL_HOME -DDEFAULT_GROUP_SUFFIX_ENV=MYSQL_GROUP_SUFFIX -DDEFAULT_SYSCONFDIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/etc\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I. -O3 -unroll2 -ip -mp -no-gcc -restrict -DUNIV_LINUX -MT my_vle.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/my_vle.Tpo -c -o my_vle.o my_vle.c
icc: command line remark #10010: option '-mp' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'
mv -f .deps/my_vle.Tpo .deps/my_vle.Po
icc -DDEFAULT_BASEDIR=\"/var/lib/mysql\" -DDATADIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/var\"" -DDEFAULT_CHARSET_HOME="\"/var/lib/mysql\"" -DSHAREDIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/share/mysql\"" -DDEFAULT_HOME_ENV=MYSQL_HOME -DDEFAULT_GROUP_SUFFIX_ENV=MYSQL_GROUP_SUFFIX -DDEFAULT_SYSCONFDIR="\"/var/lib/mysql/etc\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I. -O3 -unroll2 -ip -mp -no-gcc -restrict -DUNIV_LINUX -MT my_atomic.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/my_atomic.Tpo -c -o my_atomic.o my_atomic.c
icc: command line remark #10010: option '-mp' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'
../include/my_atomic.h(99): error: first argument must be a pointer to integer or enumeration type
make_atomic_cas(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(99): error: a value of type "void" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "void *"
make_atomic_cas(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(108): error: first argument must be a pointer to integer or enumeration type
make_atomic_load(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(108): error: a value of type "void" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "void *"
make_atomic_load(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(113): error: first argument must be a pointer to integer or enumeration type
make_atomic_store(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(118): error: first argument must be a pointer to integer or enumeration type
make_atomic_swap(ptr)
^

../include/my_atomic.h(118): error: a value of type "void" cannot be assigned to an entity of type "void *"
make_atomic_swap(ptr)
^

compilation aborted for my_atomic.c (code 2)
make[1]: *** [my_atomic.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/downloads/mysql-5.1.36/mysys'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL 5.1.36 and ICC 11.1
July 16, 2009 08:08AM
July 16, 2009 08:57PM
July 20, 2009 05:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.