MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Source, Builds, Binaries

Problem compiling 4.1.7 on Tru64 4.0F
Posted by: Peter Jeremy
Date: November 25, 2004 07:59PM

I am trying to install MySQL 4.1.7 on Tru64 4.0F using the following configure line (based on the information in INSTALL-SOURCE):

CC="cc -pthread" \
CFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -ansi_args -fast -inline speed -speculate all" \
CXX="cxx -pthread" \
CXXFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -fast -inline speed -speculate all -noexceptions -nortti" \
./configure --with-extra-charsets=complex \
--enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile \
--with-openssl=/usr/local \
--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/include \
--with-openssl-libs=/usr/local/lib \
--with-named-thread-libs="-lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc" \
--enable-large-files \
--enable-shared=yes

and the compilation is failing with:

source='sql_lex.cc' object='sql_lex.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/sql_lex.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/sql_lex.TPo' \
depmode=tru64 /bin/ksh ../depcomp \
cxx -pthread -DMYSQL_SERVER -DDEFAULT_MYSQL_HOME="\"/usr/local\"" -DDATADIR="\"/usr/local/var\"" -DSHAREDIR="\"/usr/local/share/mysql\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../zlib -I../innobase/include -I../include -I../regex -I. -I/usr/local/include -O3 -DDBUG_OFF -O4 -ansi_alias -fast -inline speed -speculate all -noexceptions -nortti -DUNDEF_HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R -c -o sql_lex.o `test -f 'sql_lex.cc' || echo './'`sql_lex.cc
cxx: Warning: /usr/include/sys/select.h, line 223: Expected type
"void (void *, unsigned long) C" is incompatible with declared type
"void (char *, int) C", function will not be made intrinsic
extern void bzero __((char *, int));
------------^
cxx: Error: item.h, line 1199: argument of type "Item_cache **" is
incompatible with parameter of type "char *"
bzero(values, item_count*sizeof(Item**));
------------^
cxx: Info: 1 error detected in the compilation of "sql_lex.cc".

It appears that the default declaration is 'void bzero(char *, int) ;' To get the 'correct' declaration, you need to define
_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED when including the relevant header files. Unfortunately, doing so causes a different
failure:

source='chared.c' object='chared.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/chared.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/chared.TPo' \
depmode=tru64 /bin/ksh ../../depcomp \
cc -pthread -DUNDEF_THREADS_HACK -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNO_KILL_INTR -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I./../.. -I.. -O -DDBUG_OFF -O4 -std1 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -fast -inline speed -speculate all -DUNDEF_HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R -c `test -f 'chared.c' || echo './'`chared.c
cc: Error: tty.h, line 457: Missing type specifier or type qualifier. (missingtype)
u_int t_setmask;
--------^
cc: Error: tty.h, line 458: Missing type specifier or type qualifier. (missingtype)
u_int t_clrmask;
--------^

I've looked through the Tru64 and "Compilation problems" sections of the manual as well as searching here without getting anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problem compiling 4.1.7 on Tru64 4.0F
November 25, 2004 07:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.