One big database or multiple small databases
Posted by: Karel Bokhorst
Date: March 06, 2006 03:01PM

LS,

I have an apllication where a client logs in with username and password.

The application is a sort of event manager where i need to store the name of the event and the dates that the event (re)occurs.
So my line of thought is to create a table "event1" with the name of the event and a table "event1_dates" with all the dates ( single days, not periods)
Maximum number of events is for the moment 5. So I create the tables "event2" and "event2_dates" etc.

So far so good.
But now for the next client. Do I create a new database for this client (name of the database binds to the client_id in the main user_admin database) or should I solve this in the same database with a construct with tablenames like "client_id_event1_date" etc.

If business goes well ;-) i expect up to a 1000 clients. I have a provider that allows me unlimited databases, but not unlimited storage space.

Anybody like to comment or share his/her thoughts on the pros and cons of either solution.

Many thanks

karel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
One big database or multiple small databases
March 06, 2006 03:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.