How to get the parameter information for a stored procedure?
Posted by: Kunal Mukherjii
Date: March 14, 2006 01:22AM

Hi All
I am currently developing a VB.Net tool to use with MYSQL 5.0 and onwards. The tool will help you to build wrapper classes for the stored procedures in your mysql database.

But I am currently facing a big problem which is I want to get the parameter information for a stored procedure from VB.Net code so that I can generate the VB.Net or C# code automatically for that SP. But how can I get the parameter information for a stored procedure in advance?

I have tried the Commandbuilder's DeriveParameters() method to get the parameter information with both ODBC and .Net connection providers. But none of them worked properly.

Now the only way is to get the parameter details from the database itself. So waht I want to know is that where does mysql stores the parameter details for stored proceudres in the information_schema database?

Any kind of help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to get the parameter information for a stored procedure?
March 14, 2006 01:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.