MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

.NET Connector & PAM problem
Posted by: B P
Date: April 11, 2012 04:34PM

Hi
Apologies if this is really in the wrong forum - any mods please move or delete as appropriate.

I have a bit of client-talking-to server problem I hope somebody can point me in the right direction with. I think this might be a MySQL connector Net problem - but I'll be happy to be corrected.

Ok - setup
MySQL server : CentOS 6.2 x86_64. Running MySQL 5.22 Enterprise

Client : Windows Vista x64, client is using MySQL-Connector-Net-6.5.4

I'm currently trying to evaluate the different versions of MySQL. I'm trying out the enterprise version (partly because of the OS account authentication plugins), but I've come up against a problem. I want to use the authentication_pam.so plugin, so that I can tie user authentication in with the user accounts on the Linux system already. I have the plugin working OK (that is, I can use the unix account username & password, which authenticate via pam) if I connect using mysql -u <username> -p at the server command prompt, and also if I use mysql -h <serverIP> -u <username> -p mysql on the client machine. Also MySQL Workbench on the client machine works fine as well.

The problem comes when I try to connect to the server from the client machine using the MySQL-Connector-Net-6.5.4 (btw, I'm using this in C#). If I connect using an account that doesnt authenticate via pam (e.g. the mysql root user), the connector works absolutely fine. However if I use an account that authenticates through pam, then I get the message

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

and the connection fails.

I'm using a connection string "SERVER=serverIP;DATABASE=mysql;UID=unixaccount;PASSWORD=unixpassword;"

any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
.NET Connector & PAM problem
B P
April 11, 2012 04:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.