MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Possible bug with MyODBC version 3.51.24 and TestStand "Set and Put"
Posted by: Rich Puhek
Date: May 19, 2008 04:00PM

I have found a possible bug with MyODBC version 3.51.24. I wanted to float it here before filing a bug report in case I missed something.

Initial Problem:
================

The problem first showed up when using National Instruments TestStand version 3.5 to connect to a MySQL 5.0.32 server (packaged on Debian "etch"). The client machine is running Windows 2000, SP4, and MyODBC 3.51.24.

When using NI's "Set and Put Current record" to update a database entry, I get the following error:

Error: Native error code -2147467259 0x80004005
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers:
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.12a-nt]Build WHERE -> insert_fields() failed. [Error Code: -10, User-defined error code.]

Experimenting with rolling back the MyODBC driver to 3.51.11 (the last version I had handy) solved the issue.

Further isolation:
==================

The error was on a production system, so I started to diagnose on a testbed consisting of:

Client: NI Teststand 3.1, MyODBC 3.5.24, Windows XP SP2.
Server: (same PC) running MySQL Server 4.1.12a-nt

I was able to get the same error message under this configuration. So I tried to isolate which MyODBC version caused the error by changing which one I had installed:

3.51.11: no error
3.51.19: no error
3.51.22: no error
3.51.23: no error

I don't have a server available with logging enabled to see the exact query that Teststand generates during the "Set and Put" (and I can't find any NI variables indicating the exact generated SQL). As soon as I can do that, I'll post a follow up.

Googling on "Build WHERE -> insert_fields()" did find a couple of other people, using different client software, but the same version of MyODBC, who may have the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is related to the following bug or not...
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=35881

Thanks,

--Rich

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Possible bug with MyODBC version 3.51.24 and TestStand "Set and Put"
May 19, 2008 04:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.