MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

What Collation should I use in my database for storing all type of characters that exist in world
Posted by: Nitesh Luharuka
Date: April 26, 2013 07:35AM

have a website that deals with characters written in Spanish, French, German, English and Catalan language. I run the website using Drupal and MySQL 5.5.

I want to use a collation on my table columns that can store all kind of foreign characters well in the database. For ex - ö, á, ú, ñ, ó,ç etc. I am currently using the collation as utf8_general_ci. But some characters like "ö" are not getting stored in their correct formats. I am confused if I shall change my collation to something different. I am using MySQL 5.5.

I expect the experts here to help me deciding the best collation so that I always am able to store the characters in correct way in MySQL database.

Thanks,
Nitesh

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
What Collation should I use in my database for storing all type of characters that exist in world
April 26, 2013 07:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.