MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Quality Assurance

Commenting out Trigger Deletes it
Posted by: Mike Harris
Date: December 10, 2019 11:33AM

Greetings!

At work currently, and while debugging a trigger that wasn't working, I noticed a bug which has happened twice now (once live, damn me for not making a backup first, and 2nd time as a test).

When you multiline comment a trigger and hit apply, the trigger is deleted. Now, one could simply comment between "BEGIN" and "END" and not have a problem, which is what I should have done, but in my haste I commented the entire block of code. This consistently happens every time I do it.

I understand why it's doing this, because commenting out "CREATE TRIGGER" is going to wipe it out, but perhaps we could add some dummy-proof things in the editor for dummies like me who wipe their trigger out by trying to do it? Perhaps we could implement a syntax error detector, such as when you try to write a bad SELECT statement?

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Commenting out Trigger Deletes it
December 10, 2019 11:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.