MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Knowledge Base

MYSQL Resource link
Posted by: saravanan balakrishnan
Date: December 03, 2008 12:57AM

Hi,

I know while using mysql_pconnect in php it will create persistence connection with mysql. If we try connect mysql_pconnect in some other php scripts, it will try to find out the existing connection and retunr resource id.

My question is php script1 created the pconnection and php script2 using the existing connection that is ok, but how the mysql finds the persistence connection exists or not for the request coming from the particular client?

What are the checking process done by mysql?

How it identifies the client?

Where the resource id stored (server or client) and how it is stored? (or) is mysql uses show process list which will show the list existing connection?

If mysql uses show process list command, how it identifies which connection belongs to which client machine?

Can any one of you pls. answer me? if anybody knows, it would be great. I am searching for a while for this answer.

Thanks in advance.

- Sara

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MYSQL Resource link
December 03, 2008 12:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.