MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Some issues R/W splitting
Posted by: Stefan Preuss
Date: February 06, 2008 10:26AM

Hi everybody,

I startet playing with mysql-proxy yesterday and i have to say cool tool :-)
Though I discovert some issues i want to discuss here.
First: I run a configuration with one master which is replicating to one slave and have run the proxy with the R/W Splitting scrit.
One Problem seems to occur when all connections to one backend server are closed at nearly the same time. We have a 30 seconds wait timeout on our master server. The initial connections are made at nearly the same time so all spooled connections are closed after 30 seconds and for some times the proxy does not start new connections.
I changed the wait timeout to 3000 sec. everything is fine now. What is the problem there? Is the server side close not reconized ?
Second Problem regards connection reusing as well. We have User A submitting some requests on database A. The user is done the connection is spooled. User B connects to the proxy going to use Database B. The connection of user A is reused. Due to the factthat defaultdb is A the proxy is trying to change that to B. The Problem is B has no rights to use Database A.The connections fails.

Any workarrounds for this (exept giving All User right for all DB :-)

Regards
Stefan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Some issues R/W splitting
February 06, 2008 10:26AM
March 04, 2008 05:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.