MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

SHOW PROXY PROCESSLIST : Another Proxy Tutorial Revisited
Posted by: Chris Calender
Date: April 16, 2009 09:50AM

In a previous post, Another Proxy Tutorial, I outlined how you could find and display the originating IP address of a particular query from within MySQL Proxy.

This was a nice illustration of how to accomplish the above, however, in practice, there were a couple of limitations. For one, the queries were “tagged” with the originating IP address, so the query cache would only work for the same query coming from the same IP address. So if you’re using the query cache, then this is not an optimal solution. Secondly, you could only see the IP address for a current query, and not for an idle connection. Thus when issuing a SHOW PROCESSLIST command, one would only see the IP address only for actual queries that are being executed, and not for any of the other idle connections.

This was bothersome to me, so I worked up a better and more efficient solution that addresses both of these concerns.

In this new solution, I implement a new command called SHOW PROXY PROCESSLIST. This leaves SHOW PROCESSLIST output unchanged, and instead, if you want to see the originating IP address of the every connection listed in the SHOW PROCESSLIST output, then simply issue a SHOW PROXY PROCESSLIST command.

... continued on the following page ...

http://www.chriscalender.com/?p=41

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SHOW PROXY PROCESSLIST : Another Proxy Tutorial Revisited
April 16, 2009 09:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.