MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Proxy, cluster or something else?
Posted by: Vince Law
Date: April 11, 2016 03:54PM

I have a question regarding mysql servers setup. Hope some of you can give me some insight. Thank you so much in advance! Here is my question:

I have two MySQL servers: A & B (A and B can be two groups of servers, for simplicity, let's just say "A" and "B" are single servers).

At any time, only A or B is accessible by clients. For instance, A is running and accessible by clients through a proxy/cluster. Then at a prescheduled time during the day, B will be updating itself from a 3rd party data provider. Once B completes the updating, it will plug itself back into the proxy/cluster and accessible by clients and A will unplug itself from the proxy/cluster. Then next day, A and B will be doing the exact same thing again, meaning A will update itself, plug itself back into the proxy/cluster once the updating is done and B will unplug itself.

What is the best way to achieve what I want to do above? I look through the Proxy documentation, I can't see anyway that I can dynamically plug and unplug MySQL servers. Cluster doesn't allow it either. I can write a script to achieve it, but I would like to see if I can use any existing MySQl features/tools that can fulfill my need.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Vince

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Proxy, cluster or something else?
April 11, 2016 03:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.