MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

it seems to be very good ! but ...
Posted by: Damien Polizzi
Date: November 21, 2007 07:16AM

Hello
(at first I will excuse myself because I dont write English very easily, so I'm sorry if there are some errors or it's difficuld too undestand)

I tryed MysqlWorkbench since yesterday. It's very nice and very usefull. It's a good work from you.

But I can tell you some bugs
- It's impossible to load a project imported with DBdesigner
- It's impossible to load a project imported with Sql
- When there is a problem, you loose your file (After deleting an empty view for example)
- When I make some modifications in "Tools/Options.." Workbench doesn't save the peferences. hopefully there are saved in the "Model/model Options..."
- I asked the software in the options to named the fist key automaticaly "Id" instade of "Id"+NameOfTable it doesn't make anything

Now I can tell you about my regrets.
- At first the XML format of Dbdesigner was more interesting : this format is bad because you can'not make anything whith it, you can't chage anythink manyally into if you want, and you cannot generate anything. For example I had the plan to generate some java classes Whith XSL, It's impossible !
- In second time, I didn't unerstand how to create a view
- In third time I think it's sad not to have some actions in the right click.
- It's impossible to delete a "Physical Schemadata"

For ending this topik I say that it's impossible to work seriously whith it for the moment, I wait the next version that I hope near from now !!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
it seems to be very good ! but ...
November 21, 2007 07:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.