MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Availability of SE
Posted by: Jon Elofson
Date: January 16, 2008 10:08AM

Hello,
I just downloaded the OSS version yesterday, and so far, I am impressed. I have looked extensively at the web site, forums, etc. and finally found out that the SE is only in limited beta testing. This was confusing since the workbench About-Editions page says there are currently two editions available (To this date there are two available editions.). Well, sort of. I think it would be worthwhile to make it more obvious that the SE version is actually in beta and isn't available just yet. I am looking forward to see the cost and you might want to mention that it final cost isn't set yet. I don't think I will have a problem donating some funds to the product. MySQL is great and if this tool is great, why not help make it even better? BTW, having two versions is a very good idea. Not everyone has a budget for these things and having a slightly limited OSS version shows appreciated, intelligent decision-making by the MySQL developers on this product. Well done.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Availability of SE
January 16, 2008 10:08AM
January 17, 2008 04:48AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.