MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

5.0.12: large table doesn't render in the diagram
Posted by: John Benson
Date: January 23, 2008 01:56PM

Hi, I just installed the latest and greatest.

I still have an enterprise database model in which one table has a few hundred columns. It shows up in the Model Navigator thumbnail display as a dark blue shadow after I have dragged it onto the diagram, but does not render in the diagram. I can still right-click in the diagram area where the Model Navigator shows it should be and then delete it using its context menu, so other logic in the Workbench thinks it's there.

Suggestion: It would be nice if the cursor position in the diagram were echoed in the Model Navigator thumbnail so I don't have to guess where it is relative to the Navigator view.

I went into Page Setup and noticed that there is still no "X pages across by Y pages down" diagram sizing option, that is, one is limited to what will fit on a single page of some standard size. Since the table image size exceeds the vertical bounds of the diagram's drawable area, my guess is that this may be the problem although one could argue that the Workbench should detect this and refuse to place the table on the diagram instead of acting as described above.

I anxiously await the (re-) appearance of the multipage diagram option in Page Setup in hopes that this will provide a workaround.

(Note: After posting this, I was reading the documentation and noticed that the place to set the multipage size is in the Model menu, Diagram Size... dialog and not the File menu, Page Setup dialog. I then noticed that the Model->Diagram Size menu item is disabled, and so its reappearance in the Community Edition is now the correct object of my hopes and aspirations.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 07:03PM by John Benson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
5.0.12: large table doesn't render in the diagram
January 23, 2008 01:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.