MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Defining Foreign Key Indexs as INDEX or FOREIGN / Can't choose right key for FK-relationship
Posted by: Andreas Pankratz
Date: October 01, 2009 04:39AM

Version: 5.1.18.a/Windows

Currently iam remoddeling an old Fabforce Model

old FK-relationships come with an extra index of the type INDEX

I just created a new FK-relationship using the Workbench, then i got a new index of type "FOREIGN". When iam creating the SQL Script i get an index of typ INDEX, as expected btw. But that's the sense of that FOREIGN type, is it just to make it easier to see its an FK-index?, or was it implemented for upcoming MySQL versions supporting this type?

Update:

As i just saw i cant change from FOREIGN to INDEX or otherwise, is tehre any possibility to change it?

Update2:

For some tables i have a change problem now: Iam creating a new FK, but if i want to set the column in the dropdown of "Referenced Column" i cant't see the primary of that table to choose, but one other non-indexed column. Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Andreas Pankratz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2009 02:38AM by Andreas Pankratz.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Defining Foreign Key Indexs as INDEX or FOREIGN / Can't choose right key for FK-relationship
October 01, 2009 04:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.