MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Create database with relationships using diagram
Posted by: Andy Deans
Date: January 25, 2010 07:51AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, sorry if it seems basic but just trying to get my head around it.

I dont seem to have tool 7 on my list on let i do have 1-6 though.

Tool 6 if i understand is creating a helper table? Do you need to create the table then referrence the columns? Or by referrencing the columns does it create the table automatically?

I am trying to get my head around what the tools do, so am i right in saying that if it is a non identifying relationship the parent table column does not need any value for the child to be present but if it is identifying then it would require a value?

One final thing, when you are creating a one to many relationship with the tool say for clients and products a client can have many products.

Do you click once you have selected the tool on the products table column first then clients or is other way or does it matter what one you select first when using the one to mane tool?

Hope you can help,

Many thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Create database with relationships using diagram
January 25, 2010 07:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.