MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

importing table dump from another machine
Posted by: Monte Milanuk
Date: November 15, 2010 11:47PM

Hello,

In the past I've used mysql from the command line a little, and mostly via phpMyAdmin. I have a small database that I have put together in phpmyadmin on another machine and then dumped to an .sql file that I'd like to import into a local instance of MySQL Community Edition 5.1 and MySQL Workbench 5.2.29 on my Macbook. I know how I would go about creating the database, creating a user, granting permissions and then importing the table structure from the console. I'm trying to figure out how to do that in Workbench. I've found a number of places that talk about setting up new databases from scratch (I gather that 'schema' in Workbench is equivalent to 'database' in phpmyadmin?), but not much about importing table structure from a dump on another machine. I tried cutting and pasting the CREATE TABLE commands into the SQL editor and executing them, but it didn't seem to work (nothing indicated the tables had been created, and they weren't listed anywhere)?

Any ideas or nudges in the correct direction would be most appreciated!

TIA,

Monte

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
importing table dump from another machine
November 15, 2010 11:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.