MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Connection issue with wbcopytables
Posted by: Travis Hawkins
Date: July 10, 2015 10:21AM

I'm connecting to a MySQL Cloud Database on Rackspace Cloud platform. I can connect to the database with MySQL Workbench 6.3 using either a host name provided by Rackspace or the IP address that the host name resolves to. However, when I use the hostname in the connection string for wbcopytables it tries to resolve the hostname to an IP address and gets it wrong. This is the error:

With this Connection String:
--target="myuser@4470ea3848ebbcf8b2c7abf67b8e4bea5f1ffde1.rackspaceclouddb.com:3306"

Failed opening connection to MySQL: Access denied for user 'myuser'@'10.209.66.132' (using password: YES)

this is the Connection string resolved to an IP Address:
--target="myuser@10.188.18.61:3306"
with the same error:
Failed opening connection to MySQL: Access denied for user 'myuser'@'10.209.66.132' (using password: YES)

I understand that Rackspace is doing something funky with their access to this MySQL Cloud database but is there some way to get wbcopytables to just use the IP address or Host I give it in the connection string? Both of those connection string work from the MySQL Workbench but not from wbcopytables.

Thanks for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connection issue with wbcopytables
July 10, 2015 10:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.