Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Installing WorkBench on Mac (Yosemite)
Posted by: M M
Date: January 21, 2016 06:27PM

Hi All,

I've recently downloaded and installed the following:

mysql-5.5.47-osx10.9-x86_64.dmg
mysql-workbench-community-6.3.6-osx-x86_64.dmg

I was after a simple database to practice on. Needless to say I've not succeeded...errors range from a server that will no longer start (once stopped) to being asked for a 'root' password I didn't actually set in the first place.

I've tried changing port numbers; uninstalling; reinstalling the both downloads and a host of terminal commands found on-line (try '-u root ...' etc) but no joy.

A scan of some forums has confused matters more as some 'Mac' ... folk seem to have installed mysql but have other issues; while other folk say one can't run mysql on a Mac - which seems strange since the site offers '.dmg' download options.

I guess my question is has anyone successfully got mysql to work in the last 12 months (on a Mac)? If yes is there a site that outlines "in laymen's terms" how to do this.

In all honesty - I'd be happy going old school and simply create DBs/tables using the Terminal(Command Prompt) but I guess the worlds moved on.

Any assistance would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks...
M

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Installing WorkBench on Mac (Yosemite)
M M
January 21, 2016 06:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.