MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Access denied for user 'Tanya'@'laptop-pc.home.gateway/'
Posted by: Tanya Crawford
Date: January 13, 2017 05:10AM

I cannot create a connection in MySQL Workbench so that I can manage my Schema(s).

I have installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on my laptop.
I have installed MySQL 6.3.8 Workbench on the laptop.
I am running Firefox 50.1 on the laptop.
I have installed the Connector/NET on the laptop
I have called the Connection MorganSQL

The server is running Windows 2008 R2
The server has IIS 7.5 installed
The server has WSUS 3 running
The server has Coldfusion 9.0.2 running
The server has MySQL Community 5.7.11.0 installed
The server's name is "Server"

My desktop PC is running Windows 7 Ult x64
I have installed MySQL 6.3.8 Workbench on my Desktop PC
I have called the connection MorganSQL
I am running Firefox 50.1 on my desktop PC
I run office 2010 Professional x64 on the desktop PC
I have IE 9 installed (but never use), solely because I wanted to install Power Query so I can use Excel with the MySQL database I am developing.

I start Workbench on the Desktop PC.
I click on the connection for the RefAdmin schema I had set up. I am using my user name "Tanya" which I had defined when I installed the server, with the IP address of the server 192.168.1.1:3306. It connects successfully. I can add, alter, delete and query tables. IE. Everything works as expected.

I go to the Laptop, start Workbench, try to create a connection to the same server, with the same credentials (Whilst the desktop PC is not in use and not running workbench), @ the same address 192.168.1.1:3306. I get the error "Access denied" per the title of this thread.

I have set up a website for my local basketball club. I have created a users table with login names. This website is not currently accessible from the internet.

From my Desktop PC (192.168.1.2) I can navigate to http://server/refadmin.
index.cfml is loaded, which is a log in page. I can log in and use the applications I have written.

From my laptop PC (192.168.1.4) I can navigate to http://server/refadmin.
index.cfml is loaded, which is a log in page. I can log in and use the applications I have written

All of the coldfusion pages do exactly what they are supposed to. I can query tables on the database, I can add, edit and delete data. This works from both the Desktop PC and the laptop PC.

From my desktop PC I start workbench and type the command select host,user from mysql.user;

It returns 3 rows...
localhost, root
localhost mysql.sys
%, tanya

I don't know what else you want to know...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Access denied for user 'Tanya'@'laptop-pc.home.gateway/'
January 13, 2017 05:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.