MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

workbench 8 remote management connection issue
Posted by: Rene Paquin
Date: February 08, 2019 08:47AM

I am having some issues with attempting to make a remote management connection to my database. I was using workbench 6 and I was able to make the connection successfully using the MySQL port and also make the ssh connection via port 22 when configuring the instance to access the MySQL logs, startup/shutdown etc. When I upgrade to workbench 8 I can create the initial MySQL connection via the MySQL port but I cannot create the ssh connection to the instance portion. When I try to connect I get the message that

"Remote management capabilities are currently available. SSH connection was cancelled"

In the workbench logs I see

09:33:50 [INF][SSHSessionWrapper]: Opening new SSH connection to ******:22
09:33:50 [INF][ SSHCommon]: libssh: ssh_connect ssh_connect: libssh 0.8.5 (c) 2003-2018 Aris Adamantiadis, Andreas Schneider and libssh contributors. Distributed under the LGPL, please refer to COPYING file for information about your rights, using threading threads_stdthread
09:33:50 [ERR][ SSHSession]: Unable to connect: ******:22
Error was: ssh_socket_connect called on socket not unconnected
09:33:50 [ERR][SSHSessionWrapper]: Unable to connect to SSH: ssh_socket_connect called on socket not unconnected

Couple of things to note:
1 - the MySQL server is on an oracle 7 Linux server that is attached to an active directory domain and the user attempting the ssh connection is a domain user with access privileges to the server and database
2 - the MySQL version is 5.7.24

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
workbench 8 remote management connection issue
February 08, 2019 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.