MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

"use defaults from global settings"
Posted by: Ken Gillett
Date: June 13, 2019 12:37PM

In WB (8.0.16 on MacOS) in Model/Model Options, the [use defaults from global settings] option at the bottom is checked and so nothing can be altered. However, MySQL/Target MySQL Version is showing as 5.6, but I'm running 8. So how do I change this?

If I uncheck that option and actually edit the setting, it doesn't seem to get saved and turning it on and off does not change its value back to what is apparently the 'global setting'. In any case, I really want to change the 'global setting' to what I am currently using. But where is that 'global setting'?

I looked in WB Prefs and there is a value shown there. So I changed it to "8" to represent the version I am using for all WB development. Return to the Model/Model Options menu and that is still set at 5.6. So where's that coming from? Presumably these 'global options' that are not the ones in WB Prefs.

So, basically, just trying to figure out where all these 'options' are being stored and how each interacts with the others. Would appreciate some clarification if anyone can help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
"use defaults from global settings"
June 13, 2019 12:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.