MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Can't get into new instal of 5.7 - Access denied
Posted by: Mark H
Date: July 31, 2019 04:40PM

Hi

I have a new install of version 5.7.27 and I can't connect to it from MySQL Workbench. Every attempt returns:

----------------
Your connection attempt failed for user 'mdh' to the MySQL server at 127.0.0.1:3306:
Access denied for user 'mdh'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Please:
1 Check that MySQL is running on address 127.0.0.1
2 Check that MySQL is reachable on port 3306 (note: 3306 is the default, but this can be changed)
3 Check the user mdh has rights to connect to 127.0.0.1 from your address (MySQL rights define what clients can connect to the server and from which machines)
4 Make sure you are both providing a password if needed and using the correct password for 127.0.0.1 connecting from the host address you're connecting from
-----------------

The install is on MacOS, from a dmg and simply double-clicking the package., there were no options during install to set a password or anything like that. I did pretty much the same thing on an old laptop a few months back and had no issues.
This time however I'd accidentally installed version 8, then removed it. Not sure if that's relevant.
So basically I'm stuck,
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've no idea where to start, did a few searches on DUckDuckGo and nothing seems to help.
Cheers

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't get into new instal of 5.7 - Access denied
July 31, 2019 04:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.