MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Manage/delete a "hidden" connection
Posted by: Rob Moline
Date: August 07, 2019 07:47PM

Hi All,
How do I manage/delete a "hidden" connection?

Installed MySQL Workbench 5.7 on Windows 7 about a year ago. Went through a tutorial to make a connection (MyFirstConnection) and test out database all ok.

Then installed WAMP and started developing some webpages. Wamp installed a second connection (Wamp) to the server.

The first connection always started when I powered on the PC, a bit annoying as I always wanted to use the Wamp connection. I went to the workbench start page and deleted "MyFirstConnection". Also deleted it from MySQL Notifier which sits down in the task tray.

Except it seems I haven't deleted the connection - I think it still starts at startup, and now I have no way to access it to turn it off so I can start the Wamp connection, which I can't start at all. I tried updating/repairing the install, but that seems to have made things worse. I'd rather not have to uninstall and re-install MySQL completely. Is there any way to get at/manage and preferably delete the connection outside of MySQL Workbench and MySQL Notifier?

Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Manage/delete a "hidden" connection
August 07, 2019 07:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.