MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa
Posted by: Kevin Jaspan
Date: April 27, 2020 09:54AM

I have just upgraded my Ubuntu installation to 20.04. I cannot get the Workbench to connect to a remote instance on the local network. I get error message:

Could not clear password: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type='method call",sender-"1.268" (uid=1000 pid=93949 comm="/snap/mysql-workbench-community/4/usr/bin/mysql-wo" label="snap.mysql-workbench-community.mysql-workbench-community (enforce))")
interface="org.freedesktop.Secret.Service" member="OpenSession" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.14" (uid=1000 pid=2135 comm="/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daermon - daemonize-login "label="unconfined")

I had previously ran the following:

Open the file /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld in a text editor (for example, vi editor) and add the lines below at the end of the /usr/sbin/mysqld section at the end of the file:

/usr/sbin/mysqld {
/proc/*/status r,
/sys/devices/system/node/ r,
/sys/devices/system/node/node*/meminfo r,
/sys/devices/system/node/*/* r,
/sys/devices/system/node/* r,
}

Reload AppArmor configuration for MySQL service:

apparmor_parser -r /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld

Start MySQL server:

service mysql start

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa
April 27, 2020 09:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.