MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: MYSQL Workbench installation failed with Visual C++ 2019 redistributable
Posted by: CJ Rhoads
Date: September 03, 2020 02:48PM

I am getting this same error message:
"The following products have failing requirements. MySQL Installer will attempt to resolve them automatically. Requirements marked as manual cannot be resolved automatically."
It is followed by a list of mySQL and Connector programs, each with a requirement, like Visual C++ 2019 redistributable package, that isn't met.

I am trying to install MySQL Workbench on a Windows 10 Pro machine (Dell XPS). The last time I installed MySQL Workbench (about 5 years ago), the system already had Visual Studio installed, and I didn't get any of this. I went to the Visual Studio website to install it on my new machine, and was faced with 17 different options for installing Visual Studio. I haven't a clue which one to choose since I have never used Visual Studio, and don't intend to use it now.

If someone could help me figure out what I need to install so that I can install mySQL I would be most appreciative.

Thanks
CJ Rhoads

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MYSQL Workbench installation failed with Visual C++ 2019 redistributable
September 03, 2020 02:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.