MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

connector installation for dummies required
Posted by: ssejj jJejoss
Date: November 20, 2008 05:29AM

Hello,

I'm using windows xp pro and visual studio 2005 / c++ to create a client program (MFC) to use mysql database I have currently running on my own server.

However. I found out after some googling and searching that I need this connector to make my client program to be able to connect my mysql database.

Anyway I didn't quite get the installation instructions. I have downloaded "mysql_connector_cpp_1_0_0_preview" to my development workstation and it seems to include nice bunch of .h files which seem to do the trick for mysql connection. Anyway I haven't been able to find a way to make things work. Some kind of Connector installation is required? If so, could anyone be good natured enough to write me some kind of 'installation steps' that a dummy can follow in order to make this connector usable?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 05:31AM by ssejj jJejoss.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
connector installation for dummies required
November 20, 2008 05:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.