MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C++

How can I link to the Debug and Release libraries easily in Visual Studio 2008?
Posted by: robin wen
Date: May 09, 2012 04:35AM

Hi all,

I'm developing my application with Visual Studio 2008. I've already installed Connector-C 6.0.2 win32 and Connector-C++ 1.1.0 win32. Two sub-directories exist within the "MySQL Connector C++ 1.1.0\lib" folder: "debug" and "opt". I think the "debug" contains the Debug library files and "opt" contains the Release library files.

In my computer environment variables I currently set the "debug" path to the PATH variable so when my application of DEBUG version is loading it could find the desired .lib files.

However, I notic the library files in these two folders have the same file names: mysqlcppconn.lib and mysqlcppconn-static.lib, unlike that most of products nowadays append the Debug library files with an additional "d".

My question is: Does this mean that I can't link to the other version of connector library without changing the computer environment variable??

I want to build both Debug and Release of my application and test them. It's very easy to change the configuration in Visual Studio but I found I have to change the computer environment variable each time I build the Release version. Is there an easier way to do so?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How can I link to the Debug and Release libraries easily in Visual Studio 2008?
May 09, 2012 04:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.