I ran into two issues with Connector/C++:
1) cmake didn't detect that I didn't have the _r mysql client libraries installed, and so the build failed later on. I hacked it to build, but I'm not really comfortable with having done that.
2) I noticed that the soname in one of the shared libraries was libmysqlcppconn.so, when UNIX convention calls for libmysqlcppconn.so.<major_version>. Again, I hacked things, but why not follow UNIX convention?
3) If automake/autoconf were used instead of cmake, both #1 and #2 could be handled, as well as having an "install" make target so that I don't have to copy the SOs and make my own softlinks.
An aside comment: When I didn't see a GNU ./configure script after unpacking the tarball, I almost just deleted the distribution and kept searching for another solution... my perception is that if something is well supported under UNIX, then there's a ./configure script. But then, that's just perception.
October 08, 2008 08:33PM
October 09, 2008 01:02PM
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders.
It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion
of Oracle or any other party.