MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/C (libmysql)

Table with text field cannot be opened via CRecordset?
Posted by: Peter
Date: May 25, 2005 07:18AM

Hello,

I did a little document management system based on MS SQL-Server and would now like to run it with a MySQL database server.
The application runs on windows, is written in C++ and queries the database via a (MFC)-CRecordset-derived class.
The connection to the database is provided by MyODBC 3.51.

In my SQL-Server database I have varchar fields with a size of 512 characters (containing some windows path). In MySQL there is no varchar bigger than 255 characters available.
When I reduce the field size to 255 characters in my MySQL-database, the recordset-queries work alright, but a windows path can have a size of 512 characters.
To get a bigger string into my database I will have to change the field type to 'text'.
But my CRecordset-derived class cannot open any table containing a 'text' or 'blob' field, probably not any binary field.

What possibilities are there to get long strings into a MySQL-database and being able to access it via CRecordset?

Thank you
Peter

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Table with text field cannot be opened via CRecordset?
May 25, 2005 07:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.