Re: Installing MySQL 5.7.20 using a batch file
Posted by: Hubert CANEVET
Date: April 18, 2018 01:27PM

Hello,

You did not give the code of your batch file, that makes it difficult to answer you, but considering the description you make, it is likely that you forgot to consider synchronous execution problems.

I am not sure a batch file is the best environment to do what you aim : supposing the first program gives the control back without having finished its work and unlocked the resources, then the second one is unable to execute.

You probably can have a better control with a scripting environment like PowerShell, which is done for that use.

Maybe you will have to write a loop to verify the existence of a process, and once it is closed launch the following step of your treatment.

To know what process to close, you can need to search that in the tasks manager.

I read a little quickly, perhaps it is not a process you need to get closed, but an instance of a framework, but I think it should be possible with Powershell too. Some forums are specialized in Powershell.

Supposing you are fluent with another scripting language there could be a possibility with it, too.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Installing MySQL 5.7.20 using a batch file
April 18, 2018 01:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.