Re: Installer fails in configuration, MySQL 8.0.11, Windows Server 2012 SP1
Posted by: Leith Tussing
Date: February 01, 2019 11:38AM

I found the installer log which had a bit more detail in it.

mysql-installer Information: 10 : Attempting to start service MySQL80...
mysql-installer Verbose: 5 : 2/1/2019 10:47:51 AM - Attempting to start MySQL80 service.
mysql-installer Verbose: 5 : 2/1/2019 10:47:51 AM - Waiting for service status change to Running.
mysql-installer Information: 10 : Successfully started service MySQL80.
mysql-installer Information: 10 : Waiting until a connection to MySQL Server 8.0.14 can be established (with a maximum of 10 attempts)...
mysql-installer Information: 10 : Retry 1: Attempting to connect to Mysql@localhost:3306 with user root with no password...
mysql-installer Error: 50 : The message received was unexpected or badly formatted
Thrown by: Logger.LogException

This got me on a Google trail for other stuff and I finally found the problem. The MySQL Installer can't connect with TLS only enabled it seems? I set skip_ssl in the my.ini and restarted the service and the installation continued on. The issue then though is I had started with it using cache_sha2_password and for those accounts to work you have to connect via a secure connection... At this point I killed the configuration tool and just did everything else using the workbench.

We only have TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 enabled along with a select cipher suite list.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Installer fails in configuration, MySQL 8.0.11, Windows Server 2012 SP1
February 01, 2019 11:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.