The action cannot be completed because the file is open in Event log - mysqld.exe
Posted by: Dmytro Neporozhnii
Date: October 03, 2018 01:18AM

Hi, I have a Windows 2012 R2 server installation and some 3rd party software on it which uses MySQL database engine. I`m trying to install hotfixes for that software and it requires deletion of the mysqld.exe file and replacing it with the new one. All of the mentioned already automated by the developer and done by scripts. Every time I run upgrade script it fails with the same error that mysqld.exe cannot be deleted due to Eventlog using it. I cannot delete it manually as well. If I disable Eventlog service I can successfully go through the hotfix installation process (or delete mysqld.exe file), but anyway, could someone explain how and why Eventlog can keep a lock on file even MySQL services were stopped? I have already checked all the solutions with different process explorers and file-lock search tools, but it didn`t turn me back any result, the file deletion is only possible with disabled Eventlog service. I also aware that MySQL app exists in the Windows registry under the Application section of EventViewer, however, I didn`t find any information why it can keep a lock on something.

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
The action cannot be completed because the file is open in Event log - mysqld.exe
October 03, 2018 01:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.