Re: Database initialization failed
Posted by: Roshan Singh
Date: February 23, 2019 06:04AM

Finally, after trying relentlessly and searching the net for the past 2-3 days the issue got resolved.

Would like to share it with the community.
There were actually multiple issues involved.

First there were many dlls missing. I downloaded most of them from the net and physically put them in Windows/System32 folder. But the problem was that they did not get installed properly.
To install the dlls properly i downloaded and bought license of dll-files.com.

But the problem did not resolve yet. It still gave 0xc0000005 error, which is access denied error. It seems this error could be because of unwanted registry entries, or because of virus, malware residing in the system.

And most importantly, there was a registry resetting that needed to be done.
Under Windows NT/Current Version/Windows LoadAppinit should be set to '1'. It was '0' in my case.

I got CCleaner installed on my machine that helped clean up the registry entries, then installed a strong anti-virus to scan all the malaware and viruses in the system.

Both of them were helpful. But the problem with anti-virus is that it continuously gave me blue-black screen whenever i restarted. And to add to it, it did not let me uninstall the anti-virus. After restarting, about 10-15 times some time in safe mode and some time in normal mode I was able to remove the anti-virus and get the system rid of all the malwares and viruses.

Finally, there was one missing item that needed to be installed "Visual studio 2017". I had installed VC++ and .Netframework much earlier, but because of Visual studio some key MySql products were not getting installed/configured properly.

So to summarize the following needs to be taken care off for installing mysql 8.0.15
1) Install Visual Studio 2017, Visual C++ 2017, .Net framework 4.7.2
2) Check for antivirus, malaware and get them removed from the system
3) Check for registry entries. Ensure LoadAppinit is set to '1'.
4) Get the registry cleaned up.

if you are lucky it should work :D.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 21, 2019 11:43PM
Re: Database initialization failed
February 23, 2019 06:04AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.