MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Connection problems after upgrading from 5.0.22 to 5.0.27 (connection refused)
Posted by: Brian Peter Thorsbro
Date: November 02, 2006 08:23AM

I have recently tried to upgrade my Mysql server from 5.0.22 to both 5.0.26 and 5.0.27.

For both of the new versions I am starting to see connections going down between the tomcat webserver and the database. This did not happen when I used 5.0.22. It has nothing to do with the 8 hour rule, as it happens shortly after I have started the tomcat service. Anyone who has any ideas? The java code that connects to the database is unchanged, the mysql connector is unchanged.

Tomcat version 5.5.17
Mysql-connector-java 5.0.3

There must be a difference between the 5.0.22 version and the newer versions, but I have not been able to determine what this is. Any help will be appreciated.

On both 5.0.26 and 5.0.27 I get these stack traces:

com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:156)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:276)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2641)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1531)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:37)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(AbandonedObjectPool.java:74)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:95)
at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection problems after upgrading from 5.0.22 to 5.0.27 (connection refused)
November 02, 2006 08:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.