MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

[Configuring init.d] MySQL Default configuration is blocking one of my instances on startup
Posted by: David Snedden
Date: April 21, 2014 09:55AM

Hey guys, I am having a bit of an issue that popped up over the past weekend.

One of my servers was rebooted and when the server came it started a default instance of mysql that is configured upon installation. It uses port 3306 as a default and blocks one of my instances from coming up.

I suppose my query is two-fold, and one answer may resolve both potentially:

1. I need to disable this basic instance from starting as it is owned by root and I cannot kill it without engaging another team from my company, is this possible?

2. How can I configure init.d to point to /etc/my.cnf for configuration such that if a reboot occurs it boots the twelve instances I have set up and doesn't default to /var/lib/mysql

I think what is happening is it is going to /var/lib/mysql and starting an instance based off some default configuration as there is not a my.cnf file located here, but I find this code in init.d:

# Set some defaults
mysqld_pid_file_path=
if test -z "$basedir"
then
basedir=/usr
bindir=/usr/bin
if test -z "$datadir"
then
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
fi

My data directories change per instance and they are all specified in /etc/my.cnf

I appreciate any effort spent helping with this issue, I'll continue to investigate and post updates if I have any.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
[Configuring init.d] MySQL Default configuration is blocking one of my instances on startup
April 21, 2014 09:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.