MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Migrate from Solaris to Linux
Posted by: Benny Pei
Date: August 16, 2016 09:06AM

Hello all,

We are running MySQL 5.5 on Solaris and are looking to migrate to Linux and upgrade MySQL 5.6 at the same time. I have done something similar with Oracle database but I am not sure whether this is possible in MySQL. Here is my environment.

MySQL 5.5 instances are running in three nodes replications (one master replicates to two slaves) in Solaris 10.

Can I setup a fourth box running MySQL 5.6 on Redhat and set up replication from the master? I will then replace it with the solaris slave one by one? Once all slaves are upgraded, I can promote the linux slave as master and drop the solaris master?

If that is not possible, what would be the best way to migrate? Is the mysqldump is the only option? I know it will work if I stay in solaris running mysql 5.6 but I am just not sure whether the replication will work between solaris and linux.

thank you,

benny

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrate from Solaris to Linux
August 16, 2016 09:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.