MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: I need the delimiter command
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: December 15, 2016 04:20PM

> 1) This database code is only a fraction of the program

If you need it, you need it.

> 2)If I used a client as a middle man, this then becomes a dependency for the large program

?! The DB is already a dependency.

> 3)I do not speak the other API languages

That's a problem. To write software that addreses MySQL, you need competetency in one of its API languages.

> very difficult even if they had the best of documentation- most have barely any

I don't understand. There's reams of docs for C, PHP, Java, C# ...

> . Also it would require a UDP or TCP connection for the commands. This alone most likely removes almost all clients.
> I could use a dll calls but only if the client software was as documentated as microsoft APIs are.

Not if you use an existing API.

> 4) This is not for a website or webpage data retrieval directly as is the most common use case.

MySQL .Net and Java APIs do not assume a web context.

As I have said I am using an obscure language so there is no clean fit and I do not read or write C or C++.

Ad you're stuck with the "obscure language", whatever it is?

> If I knew where to look in the code might be able to reverse engineer the command, but I could not even find it.

For what your requirement appears to be, there seem to be just two choices: use an existing API, or work from existing C//C++ code to roll your own.

> How did anyone write a client to software that does not describe an important command as this?

Many of the APIs started with the C/C++ code---necessarily, since that's what's MySQL is written in.

You might find something helpful in the Source/Builds/Binaries, or ask there.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 15, 2016 09:56AM
Re: I need the delimiter command
December 15, 2016 04:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.