MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Sending output signals on table activity
Posted by: Tull Clancey
Date: February 08, 2019 11:06AM

First of all, let me get this out into the open.
1. I'm using MariaDB, but I can't find a decent maria forum anywhere.
2. I'm not sure if this could be in this section, if not please move it.

I'm running Maria on the Raspberry pi, soon to be upgraded to the Tinker Board for a little extra oomph. I'm hoping soon to get a small mysql cluster running.

I have 130 raspberry pis sending environmental data to my databases and one little pi is getting a bit of a hammering.

However, all that aside, I need a way to set off an led flash when there is an insert, an update or a delete. I'm fine with the gpio side of things, I"ve written all my own libraries for this.

Where my knowledge falls flat is how to trigger events on database transactions.

I read a 'white' paper a long time ago now saying in theory this should be possible and not difficult to set up, but it would open some security issues. That's where I stopped reading as it wasn't something I could put my time to at the time.

Security issues aren't a huge problem for me, this isn't mission critical data and not open to the outside world at the moment.

Has anyone done this kind of thing? I know a little bit of everything, but I only dabble really, so I'd need detailed instructions.

I['d be happy to work with anyone trying to get this working. While flashing little lights is the first goal I have other plans for external software if I can get this working.

Please contact me if you have any ideas.
Many thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Sending output signals on table activity
February 08, 2019 11:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.